Re: [O] [RFC] Moving "manual.org" into core

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Moving "manual.org" into core
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 15:26:16 +0100

Bastien Guerry <address@hidden> writes:

> So when we make the move, we publish 9.2 by merging master in maint
> and edit orgmanual.org from both maint and master.  Correct?

Correct, but I don't know what "orgmanual.org" you are talking about.
You recently re-introduced a file named "orgmanual.org" in contrib/
alongside "manual.org". The former is apparently outdated.

> It is not about setting a time window: we just need to be careful with
> this move and discuss it.  One week seems fine.

As pointed out in another message, I do not understand what carefulness
is needed. I suggest to replace "org.texi" with ... "org.texi". The only
difference lies in how we edit it, which concerns a handful of persons
in the world.