[O] Paragraph consisting only of number and full stop disappears in expo

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: [O] Paragraph consisting only of number and full stop disappears in export
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2018 14:07:01 -0800

Hi,

I just discovered that a paragraph disappeared from a subtree I was
exporting, I guess because the paragraph consists of just a number
followed by a full stop, and was interpreted as a list item. I'm
translating subtitles, and the dialogue went:

#+begin_src org
There are no taxis, but I've got a car.

How much to Dongying?

300.

We can be there 10am tomorrow.
#+end_src

I'm not surprised that "300." got interpreted as a list item, but I
wonder if there's a way to protect against it being removed altogether.
I suppose it might be nice if a single list item with no content would
be interpreted as a paragraph, but that probably opens the door to all
kinds of weird edge cases. If there were just a way to escape it...

Thanks,
Eric