[O] help with a strange interaction of button-lock and C-c C-v C-z

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] help with a strange interaction of button-lock and C-c C-v C-z
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 18:09:28 -0800

I have observed a weird issue with button-lock and org-mode. It is reported in detail here:

https://github.com/rolandwalker/button-lock/issues/9

The gist is if I use button-lock and try to open the repl of a python source block, the repl is read-only. But without button-lock it works fine.

I have tracked this down to the line:

(set (make-local-variable 'comint-prompt-read-only) t)

in the inferior-python-mode call.

Up to this line, the repl is interactive, but after that line, when button-lock has been used, the repl becomes read-only. I am baffled on how to even proceed with debugging. Any ideas?

John

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering