[O] texi to org?

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: [O] texi to org?
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 23:14:36 -0500

Is there such a thing as a converter from a raw texi file to an org file? I'm experimenting with manual formats and would like to take texi/info files and convert them to org files. I've tried two approaches with pandoc, namely, html to org and text (markdown) to org -- and they've produced org files that lock up Emacs (25.3) - Org (9.1.6). Yes, they come up after a good half hour, but Emacs is still locked up with my CPUs racing. Right now I'm working with Emacs Calc's single html manual. I've done

>pandoc -f html -t org -o GNUEmacsCalcManual.org GNUEmacsCalcManual.html

and it produces a 2.3 mb file that, as I say, doesn't come up well. This was following Using Emacs Pandoc.

I don't necessarily need to do this, but I've had this issue before with semi-large org files, e.g., a mg-sized file with lots of scheduling stuff. What sort of processing is going on to open an org file that it would bog down so badly? Is there anything I can do outside of Emacs to help my pandoc-produced org file?

LB