Re: [O] ox-md: Export links to equations for use with MathJax

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] ox-md: Export links to equations for use with MathJax
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 15:16:11 +0100

Hello,

Thibault Marin <address@hidden> writes:

> The attached patch is my first attempt at this.  It is almost identical
> to the ox-html version.  I have added an option to select which mode to
> use (markdown or MathJax).

Thank you.

> Could this patch be considered for a merge?  Please let know if there
> are any suggestions or comments.

Markdown has no direct business with Mathjax, so introducing Mathjax
components in "ox-md.el" sounds wrong to me. "ox-md.el" doesn't even
have any math-related function (it lets "ox-html.el" take care of LaTeX
fragments and environments).

Since it is a specific requirement, you may want to define your own
Markdown back-end in this case (e.g., replacing `org-md-link' with
`org-html-link' in some cases).

Another option would be to introduce a boolean variable like
"org-md-internal-links-as-html", but I'm not sure it would be generally
useful.

WDYT?

Regards,

--