Re: [O] is ascii link format canonical? can it be made more linkifiable?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] is ascii link format canonical? can it be made more linkifiable?
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 11:58:44 -0700

On 2/10/18, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> 1] seemingly, notes are not created.
>
> This is expected. You wouldn't want to create an empty note, would you?

i think it is ok to not make notes.  you could in principle make numbered notes.

>> can this be customized so that the link can be exported totally bare
>> without any bracket-like characters for maximum client linkification?
>
> I changed it in master. Now, external links are wrapped within angle
> brackets. Please let me know if it fixes the issue.

after i posted, i remembered that some sites, including blogger or
wordpress, will not linkify <links> in their comments, but will
linkify bare links [and who knows what else].

so i'm thinking the ability to specify the brackets would be useful.

what i would do, in fact, is specify them as spaces.  i'd rather have
ugly clickability than beautiful non-clickability.  especially for
non-technical users.

--
The Kafka Pandemic: <http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com>

The disease DOES progress. MANY people have died from it. And ANYBODY
can get it at any time.

"You’ve really gotta quit this and get moving, because this is murder
by neglect." ---
<http://www.meaction.net/2017/02/03/pwme-people-with-me-are-being-murdered-by-neglect>.