Re: [O] [Bug] M-S Ret keybinding translated to M-Ret

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug] M-S Ret keybinding translated to M-Ret
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 09:02:18 -0600

Allen Li <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 1:47 PM Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> > I discovered that when trying to insert a new item with a checkbox using
>> > M-S Return (org-insert-todo-heading), the keybinding is "translated" to
>> > M-Return (org-meta-return). As a result, all I get is simple list item
>> > without a checkbox.
>> >

>> The attached patch fixes this issue.
>
> I'm pretty sure your patch would break those binding in terminal Emacs
> completely, since <return> cannot be typed in the terminal and Emacs
> does not remap these bindings.

Attached please find a more limited patch that fixes the issue in the
GUI without affecting TTY use. I have only changed bindings for the
M-S-RET or S-RET combinations. These combinations cannot be used in the
TTY anyway and Org Mode already defines alternative TTY bindings for
these combinations.

Best,
Matt