Re: [O] when/how are org-mode settings loaded

From: Jack Henahan
Subject: Re: [O] when/how are org-mode settings loaded
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 07:44:28 -0500

Could you post your config? I expect the issue is that you don’t (require 'org)
or set up the auto-mode-alist in your init file. This would also be the case
if, for instance, you defer loading the package with use-package, as well.
Invoking the agenda will load org, so the next org file you open will do what
you expect.

Do org files open in Fundamental mode when you don’t invoke the agenda first?