Re: [O] Understand the source of "Unable to resolve link"

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Understand the source of "Unable to resolve link"
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 17:19:02 +0100

Hello,

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> A user needs to support having gopher links in Org document:
>
>  [[gopher://some.gopher.site][Dummy gopher link]]
>
> But the export fails saying that it's unable to resolve the link.
>
> The behavior can be easily recreated by exporting a document containing
> that dummy link using C-c C-e h H.
>
> I added "gopher" to the org-html-link function, but that obviously didn't
> help.
>
> I traced the error to org-export-data in ox.el, but I cannot edebug that
> function; I get:
>
>     edebug-syntax-error: Invalid read syntax: "Failed matching", (&rest
> (&define name (&rest arg) cl-declarations-or-string def-body))
>
> (I'll open an emacs bug for that.)
>
> So what needs to be fixed in ox.el (or elsewhere?) so that gopher: protocol
> links are allowed?

I don't think Org defines gopher links. Where is it registered? In
particular, what is the export function associated to the link type?

If you don't tell Org what it a gopher link, e.g., within
`org-link-parameters', Org considers your example above as a fuzzy link,
hence the error.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou