Re: [O] non-space, paste, (???) character for inline results

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: [O] non-space, paste, (???) character for inline results
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 20:42:07 +0530

Nico,

thanks.  neither =verbatim markup= (if that's the usage), nor a
non~breaking~space give me, in my output, a plain, unadorned
"xxcall_foo()".

i *do* think xxcall_foo() is very intuitive for both sets of people,
both those who want xx+results and those who want literal xxcall_foo().

so, probably there's no right, wrong.  but, imho, there should be some
fairly simple way to export, in the text one wants, a simple literal
xxcall_foo() (as well as a simple way to export xx+results).

all said and done, probably (aesthetics?) i'd go for using a hash (#) as
the "paste" character.  i guess it's a bit more complicated than just
changing:
----
----
in ob-element.el.  below is my cut.  (i used two invocations of
"string-prefix-p" rather than one "string-match", not being sure how
expensive the latter is compared to the former.)

cheers, Greg