Re: [O] [RFC] Moving "manual.org" into core

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Moving "manual.org" into core
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 20:52:44 +0100

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you. I'd like to see Org snippets in src blocks as they are not any
> "raw" monospace text blocks. But if no one else has a strong opinion for
> using src blocks for Org snippets, then I guess I'll have to concede.

There is another issue with "begin_src org" blocks. If your example
contains a link, you only see the description part, not the whole
syntax. Thus

    #+begin_src org
      [[path][description]]
    #+end_src

is seen as

    #+begin_src org
      description
    #+end_src

which can be very confusing. There is no such issue with example blocks
and fixed-width areas.