Re: [O] Bug: Broken orgmode.org links in doc/misc/org.texi and lisp/org

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Broken orgmode.org links in doc/misc/org.texi and lisp/org
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 14:33:48 +0000

On Sun, Jan 7, 2018, 8:46 AM Tim Landscheidt <address@hidden> wrote:
(All links to http://orgmode.org/ should be updated to
https://orgmode.org/ and a slash should be added to
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel to avoid a
redirect.)

The following links in Emacs master's doc/misc/org.texi and
lisp/org are broken (404):

- https://orgmode.org/org-remember.pdf
- https://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/
- https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html
- https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-lilypond.html
- https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-stan.html

Interesting the code/, org-contrib/babel/languages/ and sources/ links work fine if I build Worg locally.

@Bastien: Can you please check what's preventing generation? Or  just copying of those sub directories on the Worg server?

And there are many more broken links (250+) on Worg (most of those are now external links to blogs, etc that people posted a long time back). I'll slowly work through fixing the broken links. Help from others too in this would be great. Simply run an online broken link or dead link tester, and you'll see the full list. I used this: http://www.brokenlinkcheck.com/, and it seems pretty good even with the 3000 page scanning limit in the free version. The W3C broken link detector isn't very good. Does someone have a better way to find *all* broken links?
--

Kaushal Modi