Re: [O] clocktable :formula not working for columns > $9

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] clocktable :formula not working for columns > $9
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 10:58:59 +0100

Hello,

Brian J Hoskins <address@hidden> writes:

> When generating a clocktable and using the :formula parameter, attempts
> to manipulate columns > $9 are unsuccessful.
>
> For example, consider the attached (anonymised) screen-grab of the
> output from a clocktable in one of my org files.
>
> As a test, I have used the :formula parameter to create sequential
> columns.  It works up to and including column 9, but fails thereafter.
> No error is generated.  Here is the generated #+TBLFM line:
>
> #+TBLFM: @1$4 = (4)::@1$5 = (5)::@1$6 = (6)::@1$7 = (7)::@1$8 =
> (8)::@1$9 = (9)::@1$10 = (10)::@1$11 = (11)
>
> This formula works fine on tables that I create myself.

It only works if the initial table contains enough columns. Try:

    | 1 |
    #+TBLFM:

> If this failure can be repeated by other org-mode users, perhaps we
> should file a bug report.

Confirmed and fixed. Thank you.

By default, according to `org-table-formula-create-columns', Org ought
to refuse to apply such a formula, which is now the case.

Consider setting `org-table-formula-create-columns' to a non-nil value.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou