Re: [O] New feature? Remove duplicate subheadings, preserving order

From: Robert Horn
Subject: Re: [O] New feature? Remove duplicate subheadings, preserving order
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 09:36:38 -0500

Allen Li writes:

> On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 8:07 PM, Adam Porter <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I don’t see a use case for checking all heading data.

I can see such cases arising from templates and time tracking.  I can
have a template that captures telephone calls.  The call comes in and I
start the template.  At this point the heading is just "Received Phone
Call" and a time tracking start.  Time tracking is eventually kept in a
drawer, not in the headline.

I might eventually go back an revise the headline based on notes from
the call, but that will not happen during the call.  It's quite likely
that sorting out the calls will happen at the end of the day or the next
day.

Similarly, I receive lab results.  These will initially be a headline
with just "Lab Result", a time tag like CLOCK, and a tag to indicate
that it is a lab result.  Some time later I might move them around to
attach them to a patient or project, but often by just moving them as
element into the right section for that patient or project.  So these
also have the same headline contents and different headline data.

R Horn