Re: [O] top headline's visibility property blocked by subheadline's prop

From: Michael Maurer
Subject: Re: [O] top headline's visibility property blocked by subheadline's property
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 09:48:44 +0100

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 7:52 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Michael Maurer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm not sure if this is a feature, or I'm missing something, but if I
>> set up an outline like this:
>>
>> * 2017
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :VISIBILITY: folded
>> :END:
>> ** december
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :VISIBILITY: folded
>> :END:
>> *** 31
>> *** 30
>> ** november
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :VISIBILITY: folded
>> :END:

>> the headlines underneath 2016 don't get folded.
>
> I'm not sure to understand. Where is headline "2016"? What do you get
> upon opening the document (or pressing C-u C-u <TAB>)? What did you
> expect instead?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou

2016 was a typo, I meant 2017.

Basically what I expect is to see 2017 folded, with none of its
children visible (because I added the visibility/folded property).
Instead I see all the children, apparently because they themselves
have a visibility/folded property. When I delete the children's
visibility/folded property, the 2017 visibility/folded property gets
respected and they are all folded.

What I want to see

* 2017
* 2016

What I get

* 2017
** January
** February
* 2016
** January
** February

Doing a #STARTUP: overview isn't really an option, since I want to see
the content unless I specifiy otherwise.