Re: [O] master: org-complete-expand-structure-template gone?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] master: org-complete-expand-structure-template gone?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 18:25:40 +0100

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> I just pulled the actual master (the last time I did this was in July).
> It seems that the function org-complete-expand-structure-template is
> gone.
>
> Is this true? If so
>
>     -  what is the substitute.

org-tempo.el and ‘org-insert-structure-template’.  It’s still work in
progress.

>     -  what is the rationale to break backward compatibility?

There’s a long thread about it.  I don’t remember the main argument for
removing it.

>     -  couldn't there be a file announcing deleted or renamed functions.
>        I tried to search the logs but could not find any reference to
>        when I was deleted and why.

It’s noted in ORG-NEWS:

     *** ~org-try-structure-completion~
     Org Tempo may be used as a replacement.  See details above.

Rasmus

--
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they are not