Re: [O] header argument :noweb-ref seems can't be resolved

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [O] header argument :noweb-ref seems can't be resolved
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 04:12:10 +0000

> On Dec 17, 2017, at 6:08 PM, stardiviner <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> The example I original copied from is Emacs org-mode info.
> So I rewrite a hand typing content again:
> ```org
> * Test
>
> #+begin_src shell :tangle yes :noweb yes :shebang #!/bin/sh
> <<fullest-disk>>
> #+end_src
>
> ** the mount point of the fullest disk
> :PROPERTIES:
> :header-args: :noweb-ref fullest-disk
> :END:
>
> *** query all mount disks
>
> #+begin_src shell
> df \
> #+end_src
>
> *** strip the header row
>
> #+begin_src shell
> | sed '1d' \
> #+end_src
>
> *** output mount point of fullest disk
>
> #+begin_src shell
> | awk '{if (u < +$5) {u = +$5; m = $6}} END {print m}'
> #+end_src
> ```
>
> I can preview the first src block with [C-c C-v v] now. It is correct:
> ```shell
> df \
> | sed '1d' \
> | awk '{if (u < +$5) {u = +$5; m = $6}} END {print m}'
> ```
> I can tangle it with [C-c C-v t] to same file name shell script
> `babel-noweb-ref.sh`.
>
> But just can't run [C-c C-v e] or [C-c C-]. (Reports same error)
> Seems org-mode can find correct noweb-ref for tangle but can't for eval.

Nor can I.

After a good while, I cannot figure how this works in tangle, but not execute.
The calls to `org-babel-noweb-ref-resolve' look the same, but in tangle it
returns the :noweb-ref src blocks while in execute "" is returned.

FWIW, labelling the individual src-blocks with the :noweb-ref header seems to
work.

Chuck