Re: [O] Can export the files with bibliography only to LaTeX

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [O] Can export the files with bibliography only to LaTeX
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 08:43:06 +1100

The saddest part of this message is the last line about your publishers
also requiring word doc! A long time since I had to deal with
publishers, but at least they use to require Latex (albeit often with
weird *.sty files!).

After 17 years working in an 'admin' area of a University, I got to the
end of my tether and resigned 3 weeks ago. A big part of this was due to
the extent the administrative arm is now dictating direction and a
feeling the tail is now wagging the dog. Too much of what is being
required is based on making the administration 'efficient' rather than
focusing on making teaching, learning and research effective.

Good news is 7 days after finishing, I got a new position within a
research centre where my role is 100% technical, I'm free to use
whatever 'tool' I want provided I produce the final outcome i.e. good
looking presentations and documents (all org and Latex!) and solid
technical solutions.

Like others who have replied, Pandoc was my 'goto' solution for dealing
with administration. It is an incredibly powerful tool and worth some
time investment IMO.

Tim

--
Tim Cross