Re: [O] Key binding popup interface

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: [O] Key binding popup interface
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 18:51:05 -0500

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can hydra.el be merged into Emacs core, so that all the packages can start
> taking advantage of that?

I have no opinion on that part, but if a part of Hydra would be useful
for other packages, then it'd be good to split it out: for me "Hydra"
means "define a Hydra via defhydra or something like that", so if you
tell me to use Hydra to "show the available valid key bindings",
I wouldn't know where to start.

​One limitation of hydra right now is that it doesn't interface with the standard way of showing help for key bindings since its keys aren't actually bound but handled via internal hydra event handling.  With a bit of thought though, I think it could be integrated well.

Bob