Re: [O] [patch] structure snippet completions

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] structure snippet completions
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 21:07:39 +0000

> On Dec 7, 2017, at 3:37 PM, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I have also pushed the code.  "<s"-like snippet expansion should be
> enabled by requiring org-tempo.

Thanks. I was in a deep funk without "<s" and friends.  Feeling better now.

> Let me know about any issues.

Maybe make `tempo-match-finder' be "^ *\\(<[[:word:]]+\\)" so it will match
things like "<la" when I want a latex align environment.  Or let the user
customize it.

I use some latex environments that would be easier to keep track of if I had
multiple characters after the "<".

I know I can implement this in my own setup. Just saying this might be nice for
other users, too.

Also, something like "<list" as `(describe-variable 'org-tempo-tags)' is
helpful if you have a lot of customizations to keep track of.

A minor gotcha: if you `(require 'org-tempo)' after an org buffer has been
created you will need to (org-mode-restart) the buffer to enable completions.
I got stuck trying to add custom templates until I realized this.

Chuck