Re: [O] Export (sometimes) skips sections without preceding blank line

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Export (sometimes) skips sections without preceding blank line
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 18:44:22 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

I'm not sure we ran the same test. The version I thought I posted and that I
see in GMail, my mu4e sent-mail, and the mailing list archives on gmane does
not have an empty line between "#+END_SRC" and "#+RESULTS:". The version you
replied to appears to have a blank line I did not post.

On 2017-11-25 at 13:44, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> * Skipping Exports
>> ** One
>> :noexport:
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC sh :results verbatim :eval no-export
>> echo "hello, world"
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> #+RESULTS:
>> : hello, world
>> ** Two
>> Good bye cruel world

If I run your version it does work. I need a blank line either before
"#+RESULTS:" or before "** Two". Or as previously stated no RESULTS section and
no blank line also works.

I'm testing this with the following MWE:

1) Launching Emacs -Q with this:

open -n -a EmacsMac.app --args --debug-init -Q --eval="(add-to-list 'load-path
\"~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171120\")"

2) Visiting test.org which contains this:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value
(org-version nil t)
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:
: Org mode version 9.1.3 (9.1.3-2-g322612-elpa @
/Users/kdm/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171120/)

* Skipping Exports
** One                                                             :noexport:
#+BEGIN_SRC sh :results verbatim :eval no-export
echo "hello, world"
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:
: hello, world
** Two
Good bye cruel world

3) Exporting via C-e l L to a LaTeX buffer which contains the header plus this:

\begin{document}

\tableofcontents

\begin{verbatim}
(org-version nil t)