Re: [O] "Reference Dump" rant

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [O] "Reference Dump" rant
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 07:52:06 +1100

Hi Lawrence,

glad you like org-mode. I also think it is a great tool.

One of the great things about org-mode is that it is used by a very wide
range of people. I know of a couple of people who are not at all
technical who use org-mode just for general organisation and writing. It
certainly isn't something just for the 'Sheldons'.

If you believe there are some areas of the org documentation which needs
to be improved or augmented, I would strongly encourage you to
contribute. One of the bigger challenges faced by community efforts like
org-mode is documentation. Often, those who write and develop the
solution are too close to it to write clear and comprehensive
documentation. It needs contributions from users like yourself who don't
have the low level knowledge which can blind you to higher level
usability issues. As you will see from this list, documentation fixes
and contributions are not uncommon and are certainly welcomed - in fact,
that is one of the nice things about org-mode, the extent to which
community contributions are accepted.

regards,

Tim

--