[O] org-depend: TRIGGER XYZ(KEYWORD) not working

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] org-depend: TRIGGER XYZ(KEYWORD) not working
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 11:05:09 +0100

Hi,

I am playing around with org-depend[1] again[2].

I noticed that certain TRIGGER events do not get executed.

> # -*- mode: org; coding: utf-8; -*-
> * heading 1
> :PROPERTIES:
> :ID:       foo
> :TRIGGER: bar(NEXT) baz(NEXT)
> :END:
>
> * Heading 2
> :PROPERTIES:
> :ID:       bar
> :END:
>
> * Heading 3
> :PROPERTIES:
> :ID:      baz
> :END:

First observation:

When I set the heading 1 to DONE (without assigning it any other
keyword), the TRIGGER events are ignored totally.  I guess this is
an edge-case that may be considered as a bug.

Second observation:

However, what is bugging me even more is that even when "heading 1"
has a TODO keyword assigned, in *some* cases, the TRIGGER event does
not get executed when I do it in my large Org-mode file.

Copying the corresponding headings (the one with the TRIGGER prop
and the headings containing the "target" IDs) from my real-world
Org-mode file to my small test.org from above and marking the
heading that contains the TRIGGER properties to DONE, it then works
as expected.

I then took the simple example from above, added a TODO keyword to
the heading 1, copied it to my real-world Org-mode file and even
this did not work: Heading 2 and 3 don't get their "NEXT" keyword
assigned.

So the behavior changes within different Org-file contexts.
Therefore, I do have an issue creating a minimal example to
demonstrate the bug.

Can somebody give me an advice how to debug this behavior?

[1] http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-depend.html
[2] http://karl-voit.at/2016/12/18/org-depend/

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/