Re: [O] Org emphasis markers inside src blocks causes incorrect fontific

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Org emphasis markers inside src blocks causes incorrect fontification
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 21:56:56 +0000

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 4:47 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
At the moment, my suggestion would be to not mess with
`org-emphasis-regexp-components'.

I stayed away from messing with that for the longest time, until a bug got into me to always auto-fill the Org files (as it makes it easier to read them in browser, etc.)

As I started auto-filling, I noticed that stuff like:

=====
Line 1 starts with /three words
italicized/, but the third word endsĀ
up on the 2nd line.
=====

It wasn't always in my control to always begin and end emphasis on the same line, and so resorted to tweaking org-emphasis-regexp-components. Overall it works great, except for cases like these.

Again it's a font-locking bug, and thankfully doesn't impact the empasis detection in exporters.

Would you please look into fixing this?
--

Kaushal Modi