Re: [O] function for inserting a block

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] function for inserting a block
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2017 13:14:45 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> I suggested the idea to remove "<s". The idea behind this remove is that
> many other template systems, e.g., YASnippet, already provides this.
> I didn't want to re-implement the wheel and let, instead, various parts
> of Emacs cooperate.

is there a simple mechanism in Emacs core to restore the same
functionnality?

I'm aware of Yasnippet, but it is not in Emacs core and it can
be daunting for newcomers to install, customize and use.

The previous function was very straightforward and simple, the
cost for losing it seems to high to me.  I'd rather have 10 lines
in Org (and in Emacs core) for it, than to ask users to install
something that does a lot more that they don't need.

Let me know what you think.

--
 Bastien