Re: [O] MathJax beyond org-html-mathjax-options?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] MathJax beyond org-html-mathjax-options?
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 18:40:05 +0100

Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> writes:

> Bottom line: we can't expand org-html-mathjax-options to add in MathJax's
> cancel.js, etc.

I did not say that.  With the current version, you could do it yourself by
adding (extensions "ext1.js, ..., extn.js") to org-html-mathjax-options
and changing org-html-mathjax-template to load the extensions at the right
place.  Once extensions is added to org-html-mathjax-options you should
also be able to set it in files via the #+html_mathjax keyword, but you
might have to be careful how you write it (I’m not sure space would go).
I hope this is clear enough.

> Yes, your first "quick-and-dirty" worked just fine.

> Q: How did you know how to format #+html: \(\require{cancel}\) ?

it’s in the mathjax manual,

http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/tex.html?highlight=cancel#tex-and-latex-extensions

> Also, how does the org world know that we're talking about loading
>MathJax's cancel.js?

It doesn’t really.  But content after "#+html:" is only added to html
output.  From there mathjax takes over.

> As you all know I'm not a "developer-class" poster here, so my questions
> often look dull-witted.

This is a community for all Org users.  There’s mostly no numb questions.
This one certainly wasn’t.  I’d no knowledge about mathjax extensions
before reading your mail.

> Will try the patch once I learn a bit more diff in Emacs lore. . . .

Thanks.

Rasmus

--
And when I’m finished thinking, I have to die a lot