[O] org-babel source block unevaluated into variable?

From: Johan W . Klüwer
Subject: [O] org-babel source block unevaluated into variable?
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 16:21:47 +0200

Is there a way to assign the uninterpreted content of an executable source block to a variable? Preferably, using a :var header argument? That is, return the text in the block, not the result of evaluating it, and preferably with noweb references expanded.

"example" blocks return text the way I want, but they can't be evaluated, and of course noweb is ruled out for them.

The function org-babel-ref-resolve could to the job if there were a switch to block evaluation.

Why this is interesting: I wish to use url-hexify-string on the text of a named SPARQL query.

Cheers, Johan