Re: [O] capture template placeholders do not work

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] capture template placeholders do not work
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 22:43:50 +0000

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:12 PM Allen Li <address@hidden> wrote:
org-store-link-props basically shoves everything into
org-store-link-plist (with some pre-processing).  The plist keys are
what's used as keywords for %:

The :initlal is special; it gets mapped to %i, and :query is a list
not a string, so you can't use %:query although you can access it from
Emacs Lisp embedded in the template.

Thanks.

I don't have any secret knowledge, I just dug through the source code
and experimented with different inputs.

Of course :) It's a bit difficult skimming through the code as I don't have org-protocol set up.

The code and/or documentation could be clearer

Would you like to submit a patch for that?
--

Kaushal Modi