Re: [O] Custom tag exportation - Agenda export?

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Custom tag exportation - Agenda export?
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 19:36:24 -0500

Pierre-Luc Gauthier <address@hidden> writes:

> So my question is,
> How can I export this tag filtered agenda view to, say a pdf with
> LaTeX customizations and all that nice stuff.
> The goal would be to be able to leave the house with a beautifully
> typeset document containing all @Errands tagged headers *and* content?
>
> If I use org-agenda-write and write a PDF file, I get basically the
> same screen as my view, no content, just the headers and in a rather
> crude layout.
>
> I guess what I need (conceptually) is a way to get all headers having
> said tag (or being a child of) be compiled in a file. Then I know all
> the cool export stuff (e.g.: HTML, LaTeX, etc) will be accessible.

The function org-map-entries could help here. For instance...

(org-map-entries
 '(concat (org-get-heading) "\n" (org-get-entry))
 "@Errands" 'agenda))

...will return a list of strings containing the heading and entry text
for all of your entries tagged "@Errands".

Then you could iterate through that list and insert each item as a top
level heading in a new org file. The following, for instance, will
extract all relevant headings and insert them in a temporary buffer
("/tmp/export.org"):

(with-current-buffer (find-file-noselect "/tmp/export.org")
  (delete-region (point-min) (point-max))
  (insert "* ")
  (insert (mapconcat 'identity
                     (org-map-entries
                      '(concat (org-get-heading) "\n" (org-get-entry))
                      "@Errands" 'agenda)
                     "\n* "))
  (org-align-all-tags))

This could be further refined. E.g., you could extract specific heading
components with the function org-heading-components and then place them
directly in a LaTeX file.

Best,
Matt