Re: [O] Tangling based on file level #+PROPERTY

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Tangling based on file level #+PROPERTY
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 13:44:24 +0000

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017, 7:10 AM Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Org List,

I just upgraded to 9.1.2.

What version did you upgrade from?

I have a file with this at the top:

#+PROPERTY: header-args  :tangle filename

And a lot of SRC blocks with this header:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
#+END_SRC

In the past, when I tangled the file, I got ~100 blocks exported. Now I get 5, because only 5 have explicit ":tangle" arguments in the header.

I just checked the NEWS file and did not see mention of this change. Has something changed with the header-arg properties? Babel?

It impossible to tell what's wrong with just that information. Can you share a minimum working example that demonstrates this? (something that should probably tangle 3 files but is instead tangling just 1?)

My best guess is you have this style of  incompatible properties?

*** Old Babel header properties are no longer supported

Using header arguments as property names is no longer possible. As
such, the following

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
,* Headline
:PROPERTIES:
:exports: code
:var: a=1 b=2
:var+: c=3
:END:
#+END_EXAMPLE

should be written instead

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
,* Headline
:PROPERTIES:
:header-args: :exports code
:header-args+: :var a=1 b=2
:header-args+: :var c=3
:END:
#+END_EXAMPLE

Please note that, however, old properties were defined at the source
block definition. Current ones are defined where the block is called.

--

Kaushal Modi