Re: [O] The problem with scaling inline images with imagemagick

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] The problem with scaling inline images with imagemagick
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 09:33:39 -0500

Ярослав Данько <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have the line (setq org-image-actual-width '(600)) in my init file.
> With all versions of ImageMagick till 6.9.9-13 it worked well, means
> scaling inline images to 600 px in width.
>
> But with all higher versions (now it is 6.9.9-17) scaling not happens
> with the error `ImageMagick error: no decode delegate for this image
> format `JPEG' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/504`.
>
> Is something can be done in the org-mode or it is imagemagick bug?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem, and it is not just limited to Org Mode. In
fact, I find that emacs can no longer display jpeg or png images with
the version of imagemagick listed above:

There is an emacs bug report for this:

bug#28626: 25.3; problem displaying images

I'm not sure if there is a corresponding imagemagick report.

Best,
Matt