Re: [O] [ANN] Agenda speed up

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Agenda speed up
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 13:39:24 -0700

fr: org-git-version to show branch name.

On 10/2/17, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Do you mean you get an error which was fixed earlier? What error?

you fixed error.

>> ... but 9maint and 9master produce agenda in about 3s ...
>>
>> ... while wip produces agenda in 26.75s ...
>
> This is obviously a bug. I would need a complete ELP report to fix it.

org-element-at-point                                  1104
17.213785437  0.0155921969
org-element--parse-to                                 1104
17.098407592  0.0154876880
org-element--current-element                          69978
15.421312201  0.0002203737
org-at-clock-log-p                                    12745
12.127817233  0.0009515745
org-element-clock-parser                              38277
6.7017031099  0.0001750843
org-element-timestamp-parser                          39144
3.5316997229  9.022...e-05
org-element--list-struct                              28737
3.4365959609  0.0001195878
org-match-line                                        30147
1.5677620349  5.200...e-05
org-at-planning-p                                     19352
1.5514231689  8.016...e-05
org-agenda-prepare-buffers                            1
1.280418243   1.280418243
org-element-plain-list-parser                         28737
1.1539211430  4.015...e-05
org-parse-time-string                                 79904
1.0831344910  1.355...e-05
org-refresh-category-properties                       8
0.5659694900  0.0707461862
org-element--collect-affiliated-keywords              29844
0.4167584269  1.396...e-05
org-back-to-heading                                   3587
0.3900127680  0.0001087295
org-element-drawer-parser                             1095
0.3539328980  0.0003232263
org-end-of-subtree                                    197
0.3254195049  0.0016518756
org-at-heading-p                                      100926
0.3098276209  3.069...e-06
org-get-limited-outline-regexp                        75242
0.2670187110  3.548...e-06
org-entry-get                                         850
0.2172587780  0.0002555985
org-refresh-stats-properties                          8
0.215825033   0.0269781291
org-entry-properties                                  843
0.1923222459  0.0002281402
org-element-planning-parser                           852
0.1566764160  0.0001838925
org-refresh-properties                                16
0.129169336   0.0080730835
org-element-property-drawer-parser                    1005
0.0981411630  9.765...e-05
org-element--cache-put                                69978
0.0852441850  1.218...e-06
org-in-src-block-p                                    12813
0.0793080239  6.189...e-06
org-refresh-effort-properties                         8
0.0712755180  0.0089094397
org-at-property-p                                     121
0.0647199699  0.0005348757
org-item-re                                           57486
0.0632800570  1.100...e-06
org-get-priority                                      277
0.0614306549  0.0002217713
org-set-regexps-and-options                           8
0.058658      0.00733225
org--setup-collect-keywords                           8
0.0581624289  0.0072703036
org-outline-level                                     197
0.0578927239  0.0002938716
org-get-property-block                                128
0.050565393   0.0003950421
org-closest-date                                      980
0.0252995829  2.581...e-05
org-before-first-heading-p                            216
0.0231139179  0.0001070088
org-today                                             1955
0.0225680109  1.154...e-05
org-in-commented-heading-p                            81
0.0170685310  0.0002107226
org-get-tags-at                                       277
0.0109338869  3.947...e-05
org-heading-components                                81
0.0088255099  0.0001089569
org-activate-links                                    28
0.0064327669  0.0002297416
org-get-agenda-file-buffer                            32
0.0059095189  0.0001846724
org-find-base-buffer-visiting                         32
0.005762442   0.0001800763
org-date-to-gregorian                                 520
0.0040966750  7.878...e-06
org-refresh-property                                  7
0.003666006   0.0005237151
org-add-props                                         847
0.0036215150  4.275...e-06
org--property-local-values                            7
0.003564942   0.0005092774
org-days-to-iso-week                                  2
0.002134759   0.0010673795
org-get-wdays                                         956
0.0020431799  2.137...e-06
org-plist-delete                                      269
0.001759547   6.541...e-06
org-get-todo-face                                     269
0.0013906500  5.169...e-06
org-get-category                                      277
0.0011122950  4.015...e-06
org-element-paragraph-parser                          12
0.0009095570  7.579...e-05
org-element-link-parser                               27
0.000830357   3.075...e-05
org-eval                                              281
0.000795626   2.831...e-06
org-defkey                                            141
0.0006544269  4.641...e-06
org-check-agenda-file                                 16
0.0006322519  3.951...e-05
org-font-lock-add-tag-faces                           1
0.000499012   0.000499012
org-element-type                                      736
0.0004188689  5.691...e-07
org-agenda-files                                      3
0.000376301   0.0001254336
org-reduced-level                                     358
0.0003121549  8.719...e-07
org-make-options-regexp                               8
0.000269248   3.3656e-05
org-link-get-parameter                                184
0.0001648490  8.959...e-07
org-split-string                                      20
0.000147793   7.389...e-06
org-face-from-face-or-color                           325
0.0001268079  3.901...e-07
org-duration-to-minutes                               7
0.000109787   1.568...e-05
org-link-expand-abbrev                                22
9.702...e-05  4.410...e-06
org-do-emphasis-faces                                 1
7.6403e-05    7.6403e-05
org-base-buffer                                       32
4.9253e-05    1.539...e-06
org-tag-alist-to-groups                               8
4.812...e-05  6.015...e-06
org-element-property                                  81
3.881...e-05  4.792...e-07
org-key                                               141
3.810...e-05  2.702...e-07
org-get-tag-face                                      3
2.427...e-05  8.09e-06
org-remove-flyspell-overlays-in                       28
1.448...e-05  5.173...e-07
org-time-from-absolute                                2
1.1038e-05    5.519e-06
org-property-inherit-p                                16
1.094...e-05  6.839...e-07
org-file-menu-entry                                   8
8.375...e-06  1.046...e-06
org-not-nil                                           14
7.780...e-06  5.557...e-07
org-git-version                                       1
2.105e-06     2.105e-06

>> for my 2d agenda.  elp as instructed shows no significant differences

>> also an inactive timestamp shows the headline above the headline that
>> contains it.  this is a bug but cannot mce.
>
> I couldn't reproduce it after some quick tests.

maybe you fixed it.