Re: [O] Add ability to force-enable TOC

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Add ability to force-enable TOC
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:14:18 +0200

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 9:27 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Kaushal Modi <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have use-cases where I don't like to see the headings numbered but still
>> want the TOC to be generated.
>>
>> I have this in many of my Org files:

>> But after commit bd23781[1], that has stopped working i.e. no TOC is
>> created because of num:nil.
>>

> I would see this as a bug - clearly it makes sense to have a TOC without
> numbering.
>
> Nicolas, was this an oversight, or was this change intended?

The change was intended. The idea was discussed on the ML. You may want
to check the thread.

This is on par with, e.g., what LaTeX does.

That may be so, but I find that unfortunate.  I am really using this feature often.

I will go back and take a look at this thread.  Can someone tell me what the subject line of that thread was?

Carsten

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou