Re: [O] Sibling visibility when accessing an item from the agenda

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Sibling visibility when accessing an item from the agenda
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 17:23:22 +0800

---- On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 15:30:52 +0800 Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote
----
> Does customizing `org-show-context-detail' fix your issues?

Hi,

Thanks, it would have taken me quite some time to find that.

The default was "ancestors." Changing it to "local" works well for me.

I'm puzzled because, for years, it was behaving as I wanted. I believe the
former behavior was "local" -- I have a slight shred of a doubt only because,
when things are working as you expect, you take the behavior for granted and
don't pay attention to all of the details.

I'm 100% certain that I was seeing at least the next sibling when jumping to an
item from the agenda. If I had been seeing the "ancestors" behavior all along,
I would have asked this question years ago and set it explicitly.

So, again, somehow this morning, one minute I had good behavior, and literally
five minutes later (no restart, no software update, no quit/relaunch Emacs), it
was a different, inconvenient behavior. I don't understand how that could
happen.

Thanks for the tip, though. The behavior now is much better.

hjh