[O] Unable to open some files in emacs with emacs 25.3.

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: [O] Unable to open some files in emacs with emacs 25.3.
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:46:15 +0100

Ever since updating to emacs 25.3 yesterday I find that I cannot open
some of my files in emacs. This is the case in point -

 [[~/cron/boudiccas.crontab]]

On Monday that link would open the file in emacs, today, it doesn't and
the only change is the new emacs version.

So how do I fix it or get round it please?

To avoid cross-posting I'm going to send this email separately to the
'help-gun-emacs' list.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.3.1, org-mode 9.1