Re: [O] org-icalendar--combine-files aggressively releases buffers

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-icalendar--combine-files aggressively releases buffers
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 16:00:09 +0200

Hello,

Michaël Cadilhac <address@hidden> writes:

> I have an idle timer that uses org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files to
> publish my agenda.  It may well be that I hadn't saved one of the Org
> files used in there, hence when  org-icalendar--combine-files uses :
>
> (org-release-buffers org-agenda-new-buffers)
>
> …I'm prompted to save before closing some buffers.  Worst, I'm even
> asked to clock-out if I actually say yes to that question.
>
> Personally, I now expect org to leave quite a lot of .org files open
> (namely, my inbox, my todo file, my 3 gmail agendas), so I'd be fine
> with simply not having any of these closed for me.  The right thing to
> do, however, is probably to check org-agenda-new-buffers before and
> after the files are processed, and close the new ones.
>
> Opinions?

After a cursory look I think we should:

1. Remove (org-agenda-prepare-buffers files), which doesn't seem to be
   useful and can lead to errors (it can throw `nextfile') but nothing
   catches it.

2. let-bind `org-agenda-new-buffers' to nil around the unwind protect.

I pushed it in master branch. Does it solve your issue?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou