[O] Bug: org-agenda-span value not quoted via customize interface

From: Niall Dooley
Subject: [O] Bug: org-agenda-span value not quoted via customize interface
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 13:00:36 +0100

Hi all,

This is my first mail to this list so please tell me if I haven't
followed the expected conventions.

I created the following org-agenda-custom-command via the customise
interface

 '(org-agenda-custom-commands
   (quote
    (("A" "Priority #A tasks" agenda ""
      ((org-agenda-span day)
       (org-agenda-overriding-header "Today's priority #A tasks: ")
       (org-agenda-skip-function
        (quote
         (org-agenda-skip-entry-if
          (quote notregexp)
          "\\=.*\\[#A\\]"))))))))

I receive the following error:

Symbol’s value as variable is void: day

The default value of week seems to be quoted. Manually, quoting the
value day in the above snippet resolves the error. So it just seems like
choosing a value through the available choices in the customise
interface does not automatically quote the choice.

Regards,

Niall

Emacs : GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (i686-w64-mingw32) of 2017-04-24
Package: Org mode version 9.0.9 (9.0.9-68-g492420-elpaplus @
d:/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170807/)