Re: [O] merging subtrees (in a syllabus)

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] merging subtrees (in a syllabus)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 20:55:09 -0400

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 4:10 PM Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:
And then I'd run some elisp that mashes them all up together, and give that to the students, since I think that'll make it easier for them to read.

Anyone on the list have any ideas?

How about using plain old #+INCLUDE:

Hmm, Interesting. It's not quite as flexible as I'd like -- what I'd most prefer to do is to move the discussion topics and labs around arbitrarily and then have org print things out for me nice and cleanly.  I'm not sure but maybe something more like this (ends up being a little ugly with all the crazy counter macros):

* outline
** Week 1
#+INCLUDE: "~/test.org::#topic1"
#+INCLUDE: "~/test.org::#lab1"
* labs :noexport:
*** lab zero 1
:PROPERTIES:
:CUSTOM_ID: lab{{{n(labs)}}}
:END:
* topics  :noexport:
*** topic oh oh one
:PROPERTIES:
:CUSTOM_ID: topic{{{n(topics)}}}
:END:

I'd prefer to have macros in the "Week" headlines and  the #+INCLUDE statements but macros don't expand in INCLUDES, unfortunately.  This is OK but still not super-elegant.  Still, definitley better than nothing!

I don't have a good idea on how to implement the date thing, but I see that others have provided some input.

I came up with an acceptable solution, bu it's not very sophisticated -- see the other thread...

--

Kaushal Modi