Re: [O] Bug: markdown export errors on headers [9.0.9 (9.0.9-82-gb862c2-

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: markdown export errors on headers [9.0.9 (9.0.9-82-gb862c2-elpaplus @ /home/fommil/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170814/)]
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 17:07:22 +0200

Hello,

Sam Halliday <address@hidden> writes:

> To ensure that the Emacs-installed org-mode is not interfering, I
> added this to my init
>
>   (cl-delete-if
>    (lambda (el) (string-match-p ".*org" el))
>    load-path)
>
> and I can confirm that emacs/org is not in my load-path.
>
> However, the backtrace still occurs.

As I wrote, it is still a problem of mixed installation. Quoting the
manual

  Recent Emacs distributions include a packaging system which lets you
  install Elisp libraries.  You can install Org with ‘M-x package-install
  RET org’.

  Important: you need to do this in a session where no ‘.org’ file has
  been visited, i.e., where no Org built-in function have been loaded.
  Otherwise autoload Org functions will mess up the installation.

     Then, to make sure your Org configuration is taken into account,
  initialize the package system with ‘(package-initialize)’ in your
  ‘.emacs’ before setting any Org option.  If you want to use Org’s
  package repository, check out the Org ELPA page
  (http://orgmode.org/elpa.html).

Some users install Org launching a new Emacs session without any
configuration file.

> For a much larger file that causes additional problems with org-mode
> markdown export (e.g. problems with BEGIN_SRC blocks) is my book's
> manuscript:
>
>   https://github.com/fommil/fp-scala-mortals/blob/master/manuscript/book.org

Could you point out what are the problems? I have no issue exporting the
document above with latest Org, but I may have missed some wrong bits in
the output. I have no Scala mode installed.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou