[O] html export: pre.src support changed?

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: [O] html export: pre.src support changed?
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 17:36:21 +0300

Greetings.

The following explanation is a bit long, so here is a summary:

1. "pre.src" formatting no longer seems to work in html export
2. "pre code" works, but incorrectly from my point of view.

I am looking for a fix.

Here is the longer explanation

1. pre.src does not work
------------------------

I used to have a working CSS file for some programming teaching material
exported from Org. Something has changed, because earlier formatting
used pre.src in the following style:

pre.src
{
    margin: 0 auto;
    font-size: 0.9vw;
    width: 75em;
    color: white;
    background-color: #102e4e;
    border-radius: 10px;
}

In particular, background-color controlled the background of the entire
source block "window" in the exported html.

According to the manual, pre.src still controls formatting for source
code blocks:

http://orgmode.org/manual/CSS-support.html

However, when I export the same files right now, pre.src no longer
works. The change in the exported html files is obvious:

old export (pre.src worked)
<pre class="src src-processing"> ...

new export (pre.src no longer works)
<pre><code class="src src-processing"> ...

2. "pre code" works incorrectly (from my point of view)

I can get my CSS file to do _something_ with the following change:

pre code
{
    margin: 0 auto;
    font-size: 0.9vw;
    width: 75em;
    color: white;
    background-color: #102e4e;
    border-radius: 10px;
}

However, the problem is that this changes only the background of the
code text, not the entire "window". The effect can be seen here:

old export (code blocks colored correctly):
https://www.syk.fi/ohjelmointi/muuttuja.html

new export (code blocks colored incorrectly);
https://www.syk.fi/ohjelmointi-paivitys/muuttuja.html

How do I fix this? Thanks!

Jarmo