Re: [O] refile workflow -- move to same heading in different file?

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: Re: [O] refile workflow -- move to same heading in different file?
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 11:02:14 -0400

Adam Porter <address@hidden> writes:

>"Raymond Zeitler" <address@hidden> writes:
-snip-
>> Makes me think I should wipe out Emacs entirely and do a fresh
>> installation.

>I would try with "emacs -q" first.  Although since you're on Windows,
>it wouldn't surprise me if something isn't setup correctly.

With emacs -q I get the same [No Match] response.  But I was
pleasantly surprised that Org loaded automatically when I visited
~/todo.org, and the default layout was fairly pleasing.

>How did you install Emacs?

I unzipped emacs-25.2-x86_64.zip into c:\emacs-25.2_64 .  I installed
Org with package-list-packages and clicked on the link to install org.
Also, I started with a blank .emacs then added some old customizations
a little at a time.  Everything runs great, except for C-c C-w/.

I couldn't find installation instructions specifically for a Windows
non-administrator.  I know that C:\ is not accessible to non-admins,
so I considered putting it in %home%.  I might need to do that soon
due to new company policies.

>> Meanwhile, if Helm is needed to make this work, maybe it should be
>> documented.  I wonder if it works for anyone who's not using Helm....

>It's not, and it does.

This is great info for me to have, so I'm motivated to keep trying.

Thanks for your help and patience.  Sorry I cluttered the list with
an Emacs config problem!

- Ray