Re: [O] Slow usage of capture templates

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [O] Slow usage of capture templates
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 08:12:20 +1000

Probably no real help, but win10 is (or soon will be) bundling in bash
shell, which may address many of the reasons to use Cygwin. From posts
I've seen on a number of lists, I would not be surprised to see cygwin
slowly decline into obscurity. I see little interest in the emacs devel
list for cygwin since the native windows version has matured (and it has
been suggested, is the largest emacs user base).

Having bash, a native emacs and even a 'better' system shell in
powershell (better than bat scripts and VB that is), at some point, you
will likely have to switch and I can say, it is much less distasteful
than it was (I've been using Linux since 1993 and Emacs since 97 and am
also forced to run windows at work).

Alternatively, do what I actually do - run vmware and Linux as a
virtual - technically, I'm running the work SOE and within policy! When
I absolutely have to do things in windows, I use native Emacs and a
small amount of powershell, but plan to use the bash shell once I find
time to sort it all out.

Tim

--
Tim Cross