[O] calculate weekday of birthday

From: Salome Soedergran
Subject: [O] calculate weekday of birthday
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 15:10:36 +0200

Hi everybody

How can I make orgmode to give me the weekday of a specific date?
I have a list (org-table) with students' names and dates of birth that looks
like this:
| Name | Firstname | year | month | day | age | weekday |
| Doe  | John      | 2001 |    05 |  21 |  16 |         |
#+TBLFM: @2$8..@>$6='(+ (- 2017 $5) (if(> $4 7) 0 1));L::

I have a formula to make orgtable calculate the age the student reaches in the
current academic year (Aug-July) but I don't know how to get the birthday's
weekday in the current year. Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot in advance!

Best, Salome