Re: [O] Adding single cell movement to org-table

From: Chris Kauffman
Subject: Re: [O] Adding single cell movement to org-table
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 23:00:20 -0400

Apologies for the earlier diff-blast: I did not see the advice on the org-mode contributions page that patches generated via
  git format-patch master
are preferred.  Please find four patches attached which now include modifications to ORG-NEWS, org.texi, orgguid.texi, and keybindings suggested by Carsten: S-up, S-down, S-left, S-right in org.el (via org-shiftup etc.).

Cheers,
Chris

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 4:19 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Chris Kauffman <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings from a first-time contributor. Another patch contributor, Uwe
> Brauer, recruited me after finding some code I had written to move single
> org-table cells up/down/left/right.  I found this feature to be useful in
> certain kinds of tables so wrote the functions for myself but am told that
> others might benefit from it.
>
> I have formalized that code into a git repo with a feature branch on it
> which may be found here:
>   https://github.com/kauffman77/org-mode/tree/single-cell-table-move
>
> I have included documentation in org-table.el for the new functions and
> tests for them.  If further work or documentation needs to be done, please
> let me know. I am also not sure if I got the commit messages formatted to
> the specification mentioned on the contributing page.  I am happy to
> explain more if needed.

Thank you.

Could you send the patch here? It will ease reviewing it.

It will also require an entry in ORG-NEWS and some documentation in
org.texi.

> I just mailed address@hidden to get the copyright for the code resolved but
> thought I would put up this branch now so others can have a look.

Great!

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou