[O] simulating counter macro in property values

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] simulating counter macro in property values
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 07:52:28 -0400

I export a series of subtrees to a static website.  The subtrees are listed in a menu that the site generator  creates.  The position in the menu is controlled by an org property (":HUGO_MENU_OVERRIDERS: :weight X").

I would really like to automate the "weight" value so that the menu order reflects the order of subtrees in my source file. I'd also like to keep some space between the assigned weightings, though that's not really essential.  So essentially I want to be able to write this:

** Some Important Stuff
:PROPERTIES:
:HUGO_MENU_OVERRIDES: (* {{{n}}} 10)
:END:

... and have that lisp _expression_, AND the counter, evaluated before export.  Obviously this does not work, but is there a way to simulate this behaviour?

Thanks as always to the community!
matt