[O] Documentation problem?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [O] Documentation problem?
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 06:44:05 -1000

Aloha all,

At 14.6, the manual says:

  The "Library of Babel" is a collection of code blocks.  Like a function
  library, these code blocks can be called from other Org files.  This
  collection is in a repository file in Org mode format in the `doc'
  directory of Org mode installation.

The last sentence seems vague to me, and based on my likely partial
understanding of some of the terms, it seems contradictory, too.

What is meant by a "repository file"? Does "repository" express
something about the file's location in the Org mode ecosystem, or does
it refer to the contents of the file, which serves as a repository for
source code blocks?

When I read "Org mode installation" I think about the Org mode files
installed on my computer.  Yet, the org-plus-contrib package from ELPA
lacks both a `doc' directory and library-of-babel.org.  Perhaps I'm
mis-interpreting something, but this last sentence seems demonstrably
false to me.

Is this:

 1) user error?
 2) a documentation problem?
 3) a problem with the ELPA org-plus-contrib installation?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye