Re: [O] sideways table

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] sideways table
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 00:37:38 +0100

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 12:20 PM, Sharon Kimble
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to use 'sideways' with an org-mode table being exported to
>> latex. But its not working. This is my table header -

>> #+CAPTION: Table of Parochial Fees from 1 January 2017 - Funerals, Burials
>> and Monuments (cite:0204).
>> #+ATTR_LATEX: :booktabs t :environment longtable :float sideways
>>
>> If I don't have ':environment longtable' then the pdf compiling fails saying
>> that -

>> ! LaTeX Error: Environment sidewaystable undefined.
>>
>> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
>> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>>
>> l.12122 \begin{sidewaystable}
>>                              [htbp]

>> So how can I use 'sideways' with a table please? Its not clear exactly
>> what to do from the org-mode manual, and google doesn't provide any
>> solutions either.
>>

> I've run into this question before, but am not sure this is the same
> thread I resolved it:
> - https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-03/msg00373.html
>
> Namely: #+attr_latex: :float sidewaystable
>
> Another option I use regularly:
> - https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg110703.html
>
> Namely: lscape pacakge longtable

Thanks for this John.

I've finally got it to work by using this -

#+latex_header: \usepackage{lscape}

#+latex: \begin{landscape}
#+CAPTION: Table of Parochial Fees from 1 January 2017 - Funerals, Burials and
Monuments (cite:0204).
#+ATTR_LATEX: :booktabs t
blah
#+latex: \end{landscape}

Not quite an org-mode success, but at least its working.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1, org-mode 9.0.7