Re: [O] Enhancement: Changing default setting of source block header lin

From: Tobias Zawada
Subject: Re: [O] Enhancement: Changing default setting of source block header line switches [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ /home/naehring/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170210/)]
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 09:33:16 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Rasmus,

thanks for the fast reply.
> Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote on July, 6th 2017, 09:03:
>
> Tobias Zawada <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > At first I would like to ask whether it is already possible to change
> > the default settings of the source block header line switches.
>
> Couldn't you use #+property headers?
> E.g.
>
> #+PROPERTY: header-args:R :session *R*
>
> See:
>
> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Using-header-arguments

No, switches and header arguments are (pityingly) two different concepts.

Currently, switches cannot be modified via header arguments.

But, you are partially right, It could be one solution of this enhancement
request to introduce header-arguments for all switches, e.g., :sw-n, :sw+n. The
values of those header arguments could be t and nil or, e.g., :sw+n 10.
Then the full mechanism for header arguments would work for switches.

See the description of switches at
http://orgmode.org/manual/Literal-examples.html.

Best regards,
Tobias