Re: [O] org mode moves to GNU emacs core

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: [O] org mode moves to GNU emacs core
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 10:01:29 +0200

Hi Robert,

first of all, my bad: what I should have said in all these discussion
is that any decision regarding moving Org to Emacs' core won't happen
any time soon (I'd say two or three years).

Keeping Emacs master branch in sync with Org maint branch is not a
problem anymore, so the decision of whether Org should go into Emacs
core will not depend on this.

And by the time the decision will be made, I expect Emacs and Org
release cycles will come close.  In other words: when Org will be as
stable as Emacs and when most of Org's development will happen in its
external modules, it will be time to move Org's development to Emacs.

But all this is very hypothetical, right now very much "bikeshed" :)

Best,

--
 Bastien