Re: [O] Bug: Org loses data if the user types C-u C-c C-c while composin

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Org loses data if the user types C-u C-c C-c while composing a state change note [9.0.9 (9.0.9-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170622/)]
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2017 15:19:08 -0400

[...]

> FWIW, long ago, I added
>
>   (defun ngz-org-capture-hook-handler ()
>     (define-key org-capture-mode-map "\C-x\C-s" 'org-capture-finalize)
>     (define-key org-capture-mode-map "\C-c\C-c" 'org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c))
>   (add-hook 'org-capture-mode-hook 'ngz-org-capture-hook-handler)
>
> to my config file. I'm pretty happy with it.
>
> One solution would be to have C-x C-s (or some other binding, I don't
> really mind) calling `org-finish-function' instead of the very busy C-c
> C-c.
>
> C-x C-s makes sense as Log buffers are not attached to any file, so
> `save-buffer' is morally equivalent to C-x C-w, aka `write-file'.
>
> Fellow Orgers, WDYT?

On the master branch, I'd be in favor of making a separate command for
calling org-finish-function and binding it to C-x C-s.  I'd also be OK
with changing org-capture-finalize's binding to C-x C-s.

On maint, can this issue be solved by just removing the prefix argument
check from org-store-log-note?  AFAICS, the prefix argument behavior
isn't documented anywhere, and the same behavior is already available
through org-kill-note-or-show-branches (C-c C-k).

--
Kyle